fredag 25. oktober 2013

TRICK OR TREAT FOR KREATIV SCRAPPING

Hi friends.

I have decorated some candies for my kids for Halloween as a DT project for KREATIV SCRAPPING and I have made a quick tutorial for you. You will find my post in Norwegian here.
We don't have a long tradition for celebrating Halloween here in Norway, but the last years the kids have celebrated it, and I have enjoyed it too :)
The autumn is so long and dark, so I think it is nice for the kids to have something to look forward too, to prepare and plan.

Since my kids now are 5 and 13 years old, Sebastian the oldest will go together with Gabriella and taking care of her around the houses here ♥
He is a really good kid, so caring and protective for his little sister. Makes me so proud to see them together ♥

When they arrive to our house this is what they get.

I found some cheap candies in a local store.
The important thing is that it is flat.
 
This is what you need for the little project:
Candy, cardstock and design paper. Cutting plate, scoreboard, TH die, decoration of your own choice.
Measure your lollipop and make your cardstock a bit wider and longer.
Mine is 2 1/2" and 6" long
Score at 1/2", 2 3/4", 3 1/4 and 5 1/2
It is easier if you cut your dp too at the same time.
Glue it on the panels, it is easier to do it first ;)
...I didn't offcourse..lol..


Make a hole in the bottom using a cropodile or simular.


Put the lollipop inside and glue it at the top
Ready to the fun part!
Decoration time


Distress all edges and colour the cheesecloth With distress ink.
Make a rosett with the rosett die from Tim Holtz
(LOVE that one!)
Decorate with a pebbles in the middle
Tie some ribbons in colours that match ♥

This is what mine looks like :)
Just perfect for my little witch ♥


The bird is made in paperclay after this tutorial I gave him eyes and some dirt, hehe ;)
I hope I gave you some inspiration today, and remember if you don't like Halloween you can make a sweet little gift to someone you care about with a lovely autumn theme. There are a lot of wonderful papers, my favorite is like always Maja design..
Sooo beautiful ♥
 
Have a nice day my friends
Hugs
 

4 kommentarer:

DesignerDiva sa...

Such a clever idea Jill and they look fabulously spooky too, your children will love these when they get them
Hugs Laurie xx

Bente sa...

Kjempelekkert Jill!! Kanskje jeg skulle lage noen sånne i helgen til de som helt sikkert kommer på døren :):)

Ønsker deg en super helg!
Klem, Bente

Maritha sa...

Mums vilka läckra små godisförpackningar..... :)

Härligt att storkillen följer med lillasyster på lite "busellergodis"-runda! Snällt av han :)

Kram kram kram

Camilla sa...

Herlig! :D Og så uvant og moro fra deg, snuppa, hihi:D