mandag 3. desember 2012

Vintage Magnolia and UTEE...a tutorial

Good morning my lovely friends!
Today is my day to inspire you over at Copic Marker Norge and I have made a picture tutorial for you. Picture heavy, so I hope you survive...
My tutorial will be on the CMN blog in Norwegian.
A lot of you have seen this before, but I have just found it and I just love the effect it gives to my card!
This is what I am talking about...
Lovely Vintage feeling on the image made with UTEE and a freezer ;)
 
I have used a Magnolia stamp, "Tilda with little Rudolf"
and coloured her with Copic like usual.
I just couldn't resist this little lovely Magnolia when I visited Kreativ Scrapping in november..
 
Here is what you need:
 
A coloured image, heatgun, Versamark, Utee (Ultra thick Embossing Enamel)
Freezer (not taken picture of...)LOL and Distress ink of your choice
Cover the whole image with Versamark.
Pour over UTEE and shake it so only the whole image is covered with powder.
 
Use your heat gun and melt everything until it got a shiny glance.
 
After one time, a bit bumpy and uneven, but it will be better! :)

Repeat the process totally three times
Then this is the result, completly covered and shiny
Put it in the freezer for 10 minutes

Right when it is out from the cold freezer, bend / break the image until it cracks like you want.
If you wait to long, it wont crack and you have to put it in the freezer again.
If you aren't happy with the cracks, just heat it and freeze it again. 
 

When you are happy with your cracked image, go over it with Distress ink and blending tool. I have used "Frayed Burlap", my favorite DI. Wipe off the surface with a cloth.
 
Your image is ready to put on a card :)
Good luck with your Vintage project!
 
As a little secret gift for my lovely readers, the fantastic Kreativ Scrapping
gave me a box with UTEE to give away
 
I will draw a winner on either this post or the post at CMN tomorrow :)
The lucky winner get this lovely product:
Melt Art - UTEE - Clear (4 oz.)
Good luck to all of you!
 
And this is the card I made with my image:

Lovely Tilda ♥

I put a tag under the image to write a secret message on ;)
Papers from Maja design, I LOVE them!!
Flowers WOC
Swirl and pearlberries from Kort og Godt
Cheesecloth, bells and pearls from Kreativ Scrapping
The tag is a star from a Marianne design die set
I have also used the amazing snowflurries from TH behind everything
 
You will find everything at Kreativ Scrapping
 
Have a wonderful day!
hugs hugs
♥♥♥

18 kommentarer:

Kari sa...

Nyydelig julekort med Tilda!!Så flott effekt med UTEE!Lekkert farget og pyntet som alltid!
Kos deg i adventstiden og ha en fin uke,vennen!

Klemmer :)

Maritha sa...

Åhhhh så himla shabby liksom....vem gillar shabby????? JAAAAAA DIN GALNA SVENSKA VÄN!!! =)
Helt underbart kort stumpis och vilken bra inspiration! Utee verkar ju spännande....

Kramiz

Lucy Patrick sa...

Oh Jill, this is amazing, thank you so much for the tutorial, your card looks so beautiful!! I would love to know what copic marker colours you used for her skin as they are so warm and lovely (also the browns of her clothing if you have a moment or remember what you used). My blog is lucylovesscrapping.blogspot.com.au XOX Lucy

Therese sa...

Så utrolig flott det blir med UTEE, det er virkelig noe som må prøves. Kortet ditt er helt nyydelig! Du er utrolig flink til å fargelegge. :)

A Casa di Ale sa...

BELLISSIMA CARD E BELLISSIMO TUTORIAL

CIAO DA ALE

Chris_P sa...

Superfint!!! Får nog sätta utee på önskelistan!

Alyce Kit and Clowder sa...

wow!!! jill this is stunning!!! what gorgeous distressing and beautiful layout. I love the technique aswell - very cool! :)

Trine sa...

Å kjære vakre Jill dette er helt fantastisk. I love it:)
Kos deg i kulda....her er det 23 grader i blått. Brr...
Klemmer fra Trine.

Donna sa...

Oh Jill, Thanks for the tutorial it is amazing!
Your work of art is beautiful as always and the image is coloured so perfectly.
Such a fab layout with lots of pretty detail.
I still haven't got around to using the cheesecloth you sent me but, after seeing this I am totally inspired. I have to go play!!! Lol x

Crafty hugs my dear sweet friend.
xxxxxxxx

Katie sa...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous Jill!! Beautiful coloring as usual :) I love this little tutorial as well as I've never seen this before- one more thing on the 'gotta try that' list. I hope that you are having a wonderful week so far. Sending lots of hugs your way my friend, Katie

Scrappellen sa...

Fabelaktig og lekkert!!:) Jeg har aldri prøvd dette før, Jill, men har jo alt som skal til, så her er det bare å sette igang, siden jeg elsker denne vintage stilen!:)
Tuusen takk for all den herlige inspirasjonen du gir♥!:)
Ønsker deg en vakker adventsdag.
Klem fra Ellen

Rosietoes sa...

Stunning card Jill. Love that technique.
Hope you are all well and surviving the cold. :)

Edna x

Sol sa...

Åh.. Dette var så NYDELIG.... Herlig Fargelegging.. Lekkert satt sammen.. Alle de nydelige papirene og panlelene i bakgrunnen.. SuperLekkert.. :o)

Heather sa...

Hi Jill, I've got my computer back in order so I can come and visiting again.
Your card is beautiful, fabulous papers and colours. Your image is delightful and beautifully coloured...what stunning details.
Thanks for your tutorial - I have many failed attempts - now I shall try again!!!
hugs
Heather xx

Sabina sa...

Underbart kort som vanligt! Du skapar fantastiskt! :)

Tuppenshobbyblogg sa...

Så fantastisk lekkert !!!
ALT var bare så nydelig :)

Klem,Kjersti

Kerttu sa...

Nyelig kort og artig effekt. Har lenge tenkt at den må kjøpes og prøves men aldri kommet så langt..men en dag..hihi;)

klem

Kreativelena sa...

Helt fantastisk. Må prøve dette om ikke så alt for lenge altså :-)